The Arrowsmith Program in the Toronto Catholic District School Board
The Arrowsmith Program was first offered in the Toronto Catholic District School Board in 1997 and is now offered at the following three elementary schools.
St. Francis Xavier Catholic School
53 Gracefield Avenue, North York, Ontario M6L 1L3
Principal: Michelle O’Dowd
TCDSB Eligibility Criteria
The Arrowsmith Program is offered by the TCDSB as a Learning Disabilities – Intensive Support Program class.
If you believe that your child meets the TCDSB’s eligibility requirements below please contact the Principal at your child’s current school to initiate the enrolment Intake Procedure process.
The TCDSB’s eligibility criteria for enrolment in the Arrowsmith Program are:
1) Currently be enroled in a TCDSB elementary school
2) Not have severe intellectual, emotional or behavioural disorders that would significantly affect his or her ability to participate in an LD – Intensive Support Program using Arrowsmith focused instruction
3) Not have an acquired brain injury, autism or any other pervasive development disorder
4) Be identified through an IPRC as having a mild, moderate or severe Learning Disability
5) be placed through an IPRC in a Partially Integrated Special Education Class with the possibility for enrolment in a LD – Intensive Support Program using Arrowsmith focused instruction
6) Have a combination of the learning dysfunctions as listed on the Arrowsmith School website